* Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for conducting all teller functions and processing various transactions for customers/clients in accordance with all regulations. The Customer Service Representative ensures compliance with all internal controls and established policies and procedures when conducting all activities including maintaining customer confidence and protecting Bank operations by maintaining confidentiality.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics
• Minimum 1 year’s cash handling experience in banking or retail setting
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in banking
• Completion of Canadian Securities Course, an asset
• Intermediate mathematical skills (calculations, concepts involving decimals, percentages and fractions)
• Knowledge of various banking products and services
• Possess excellent customer service skills and is results-driven
• Approachable, adaptable and positive
• Proficient in banking rules, regulations and best practices
• Fluent in both English and Korean
• Exemplary organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving, logic, and communication skills (both verbal and
• Ability to follow precise directions and learn banking equipment and software quickly
• Working knowledge of foreign currency
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Greet and welcome customers in a pleasant manner
• Accept inbound calls from customers/clients and address questions/issues/queries
• Respond promptly and effectively to customer/client requests, concerns, and complaints
• Maintain fruitful relationships with current customers and establish good relationships with new ones
• Process deposits, withdrawals and other banking transactions for customers/clients
• Ensure identification and signature are verified for all required transactions
• Accept cheques and cash for deposit, verify amounts and ensure accuracy of deposit slips
• Carry out requests for certified cheques, bank drafts, bill payments etc.
• Open and close accounts as required for customers/clients and conduct due diligence as per the Know your Customer (KYC), Client Identification Program (CIP), and AML/ATF Policy & Procedures
• Process foreign currency transactions (KRW, USD etc.) by applying daily T/T and cash rate
• Order cheques at customer/client request
• Monitor customer transactions for unusual or suspicious (and attempted suspicious) activity/transactions, and report such activity to Manager
• Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures
• Assist customers/clients with performing banking services (utilization of mobile accounts; 1Q Banking)
• Identify and present products/services to optimize customer/client accounts
• Promote banking products (term deposits, installment savings deposit, TFSA, RRSP), special campaigns, product promotions, and new services
• Network within community by actively being involved and develop new clientele
• Identify referral opportunities and capitalize on them
• Conduct international wire transfers overseas
• Process incoming/outgoing remittances
• Respond to/make inquiries to corresponding bank in instances of discrepancies in settlement process
Maintenance of Safety Deposit Box
• Open, close, and maintain safety deposit box in proper procedures
• Keep track on customer access to the safety deposit box
• Process daily clearing including error transactions
• Pick up and drop off clearing bag from/to RBC
• Post rejected PAP/DFT transactions
• Prepare business cheques with monthly statements and mail out on the 1st day of the month
Credit Card Applications
• Accept customer/client applications and process open term deposit in order to make collaterals
• Submit applications to head office for approval and processing
• Receive and count working cash at beginning of each day
• Prepaid Expense CDIC, budget disbursement
• File daily documents by type and in order
• Sort and distribute incoming mail, order office supplies
* Loan Consultant
The Loan Consultant is responsible for originating and renewing residential and commercial mortgage loans that are applied and accepted at the branch. The Loan Consultant meets with prospective clients to conduct preliminary research/information gathering needed to make a decision on whether the application is within the scope of underwriting guidelines of the Bank. Other duties will include assisting Branch Manager and Managers at branch level on feasibilities studies, management of overdue accounts, and loan administration.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• 1+ years’ experience with loan application process.
• Strong financial analytical skills with above average of understanding and interpreting financial statements.
• Strong willingness to work as the customer expert in sales and marketing environment.
• Solid knowledge and understanding in the bank’s loan policy and guidelines.
• Sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information.
• Able to research and evaluate data to make informed decisions and solve problems.
• Good Communication and Negotiation Skills.
• Good Communication and Negotiation Skills.
• Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
• Understand the purpose of loans and current situation of the applicants to examine acceptability of the applications
• Advise the applicants of product that suits their needs and wants
• Obtain all relevant information and supporting documents (e.g. identification of entity, personal income document, credit report, net worth statement, personal statement, mortgage statement, financial statement, down payment proof, appraisal report) to conduct preliminary study of the applicants and the transactions.
• Examine submitted documents thoroughly to detect any signs of forgery and fraudulent applications
Consultation with Branch Manager and Manager
• Present details of applied loans and findings of preliminary study of the applicants
• Consult with Manager and Branch Manager to decide on acceptance of the applications
Preparation of Loan Documentation (Residential and Commercial Mortgage Origination)
• Assess the applicant’s character, repayment capability, credibility, and source of funds
• Review appraisal report and conduct on-site inspection to determine marketability of the security if necessary.
• Input all required data into Automated Credit Approval System (“ACAS”) and recommendation into Branch Manager’s Opinion to be reviewed by Loan Evaluation Officer which to be presented in Loan Committee Meeting
• Different procedures will be taken depending on the type of loans such as Business Loan, Personal Loan, Overdraft, Letter of guarantee, Stand-by Letter of Credit; hence it is a critical responsibility to understand all the necessary information and steps to finish its duty.
• Take a solution focused approach to underwriting by offering alternative structures, pricing and/or funding conditions to finalize the transaction
• Send letter of instruction to solicitor for loans that are approved
• Review draft documents
• Input and manage information on KIBS
• Responsible for processing invoices and issuing payments.
Post Loan Management
• Responsible for renewal of Residential and Commercial Mortgage Loans, Personal Loans, Personal Overdraft, Letter of guarantee which comprise of sending maturity/renewal notice, preparation of approval of renewal documents, filing signed loan agreements, and renewal fee collection.
• Prepare the application to change conditions of previously approved/disbursed loans.
• Manage daily reports, past due, overdue, insurance/Up-to-date financial information/Upkeep maturity of loan.
• Send overdue and demand notice when necessary
• Follow-up on loans with issues and below credit rating of 6(-)
• Prepare all procedures related to discharge of charge and PPSA.
Keep up with changes in Loan regulation and adopt
• Stay up to date with changing loan regulations, procedures, and promotions to provide quality service and know the market.
• Get to know changes in regulations and let other co-workers enlightened for accurate service as a whole.
Keeping good connection and expanding client horizons
• Consistent and quality communication with customers, brokers, appraisers and other professionals to build good relationship with a focus on the growth of the bank’s loan portfolio.
• Marketing the bank lending program to mortgage brokers.
• Sales and marketing the bank products such as FID, RRSP and 1Q Bank accounts to existing and new clients to meet branch sales target.