* SAP iXp Intern - HANA Analytic Engine Software Developer
HANA Multi-Dimensional Service (MDS) is a core SAP HANA database. MDS is a global team with the main team based in Walldorf head office in Germany. MDS team in Vancouver has 7 members with 5 seasoned senior developers who have a wealth of knowledge to offer interns and students. Two members of the team currently work from the office in Vancouver, but our team follows a hybrid working model. HANA database language of choice is C++, and this position offers a great opportunity to learn database technology and also C++ development.
- Position requirement is for 8 months
- 3rd year or higher Engineering student, or Computer Science, is mandatory
- Prior courses or experience in object-oriented languages is mandatory, C/C++ courses highly desirable, familiarity with Python
- This is a server-side and/or database development position, and it involves no graphical user interface development at all
- Familiarity with HTTP and TCP stack
- Database courses is desirable, SQL is nice to have
- Participate in development of HANA database code, particularly contributing to analytics engine development and maintenance
- HANA database is part of core SAP technology stack, and key part of most SAP products and services
- Learn about core database code and technology and get to develop server-side code in C++, and learn Python as well
* SAP iXp Intern - Technical Project Coordinator
The intern – Technical Project Coordinator works closely with senior leaders to assist in the planning and coordination of complex multi-site, multi-cultural, enterprise software development projects. The successful candidate will be analyzing project related data, creating reports and coordinating follow-up action items derived from the data.
- Enjoys working on meaningful projects and is energized by lifelong learning.
- Dreams big and has a passion for delivering reliable and well-tested software.
- Likes to work with a motivated team who strives for similar goals.
- Computer Science or Software Engineering major; Business minor preferred
- Passionate about building software and being a part of the software industry
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Experience working with database (SQL) is strongly preferred
- Experience with BI tools and ability to manipulate date via scripts
- Excellent communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Proactive in solving issues and asking questions
- Looking for someone who can commit for an 8 month full time internship starting May 2022 at our beautiful Vancouver office
- Assist in the planning and coordination of meetings and follow-up of action items and key issues
- Assist in quality management for the projects
- Support day to day activities related to project management
- Perform data analysis and provide reports and insights on discovery
- Provide ad-hoc reporting services for senior management team
- Perform integration of multiple systems by writing scripts and utilizing internal tools that are built within SAP
- Provide account administration and tooling technical support for the development team
* Software Developer
Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
This role is part of the SAP Analytics Cloud infrastructure team where we work with the latest cloud and networking technologies, such as Kubernetes / Cloud Foundry / AWS / Azure, SAML SSO, OAuth, Open ID Connect, mTLS, Microservices etc. We contribute to SAP Analytics Cloud's success by producing software, services and API's that are robust, reliable and scalable.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Cloud Native development technologies and typically used software and architecture on Cloud platforms like AWS, Cloud Foundry, or Azure
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Understanding of databases and web application servers
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
- Building software that must scale to thousands of users concurrently
- Developing RESTful APIs with modern technologies such as NodeJS, Golang
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Test Driven Development, performance testing or data correctness/integrity testing
- Source control systems such as GIT
- 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience developing web applications (can include internship or co-op experience)
- Collaboratively design new features in a team environment that extends to colleagues around the world, in places such as Germany, France, and Ireland.
- Work closely with our engineering and operations team to build, integrate, test and deploy your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
- Assess new technology projects and tools, or migrate our environment to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change.