* Software Developer in Test (SDET) - Collaborative Health
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Data Centric engineering team to optimize performance, security, and reliability for the Collaborative Health Record platform. You’ll work closely with our Dev team to build out our suite of automated tests.
You will be embedded in product engineering teams to plan and build tests for new and existing features (unit tests, smoke tests, API tests, end-to-end tests, or manual, as appropriate). You will use your engineering focus to contribute to a high quality, high performance test suite that allows us to accelerate top-quality product updates to customers.
What you bring
- Graduation from a post-secondary institution with a Degree specializing in Software engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of professional hands-on experience in an - - Automation Testing role
- Five years or more experience as a Software or Quality Engineer
- Experience building automated end-to-end tests using Cypress and API tests using a modern API test development tool such as Postman
- Experience with one or more of the following: Automation Frameworks/Testing, Integration Testing, Continuous Integration, or Test Design.
- Experience with test case management tools such as TestRail, or similar
- Deep passion for superb user experience and technical integrity
- Ability to establish strong rapport and communication with exceptional clarity
- Able to excel in an agile and distributed team environment
- Knowledge or experience in the healthcare domain
- Knowledge or experience with Datadog monitoring in order to identify performance issues, and compare A/B testing
- Avid user of Slack emojis and gifs
- An insatiable appetite for modern and emerging technologies and tools
What you’ll do
- Plan, develop and execute automated unit tests, end-to-end tests and API tests for new product features in development
- Monitor execution and improve performance and stability of existing tests
- Collaborate with product owners and product development engineers to develop tests in lock-step with new functionality
- Be supported by your team through daily stand up meetings, to share best practices and learnings, and prioritize deliverables for each sprint cycle
- Explore, experiment and implement innovative approaches to strengthen and revise our testing strategy and technology toolset
* UX Designer - TELUS Health
Our UX team is looking for a skilled user experience (UX) designer who is passionate about making complex healthcare systems simple and efficient to use. As part of this dynamic team you will have the opportunity to work on platforms across TELUS Health Virtual Care with initial focus on innovative solutions connecting people and families with innovative care options, and helping them live their healthiest lives.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle. You have:
- Deep understanding and real passion for UX and a drive to craft engaging customer experiences
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of UX design best practice processes
- Strong analytic skills with ideally with some experience with various user research methods
- User experience and user interface design skills including experience with persona development, job shadowing, task flow development, information architecture, navigation and interaction design from wire-- - - - - framing through to detailed design specifications for technical teams
- Experience in designing for complex business (rather than consumer) systems
- Ability to deliver effective visual detailed design of the high level interaction design
- Experience using design systems
- Experience developing collateral for customer concept reviews and usability testing
- Highly skilled in using Figma for UX design and rapid prototyping
- Demonstrated ability to worry about the design details while ensuring higher level goals/tasks are supported across a product module or simple product
- Enthusiastic about modern design practices and methodologies, and adept at working in a highly-collaborative lean, agile environment
- Deep understanding of how to design for all screen sizes, from native mobile to browser
- Solid understanding of accessibility best practices, and an ability to create accessible products
- Talented at understanding design problems, breaking them into actionable pieces and providing insight and clarity
- 3+ years of proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role demonstrated via a portfolio of design projects
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Able to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Healthcare experience
- Bilingualism - French/English
Here’s how - You will:
- Use design research methods to understand both patient and clinician experiences, and how our products might need to be designed or enhanced to support our users’ evolving needs
- Work closely with product owners to develop user experience architecture, user flows, user stories, wireframes, and journey maps
- Apply user-centered design processes, human factors, usability heuristics, and industry best practices to create designs for multiple screen sizes which are consistent, effective, and highly usable
- Work closely with the technology team to collaboratively deliver the most effective solution
- Communicate clearly and concisely the benefits of your design to product and technical teams while remaining open to interactive dialog about other possibilities
- Work in an Agile environment, owning and managing the UX deliverables into the tech team
- Act as the voice of the user in all interactions with our product and technical teams
- Deliver pixel perfect visual designs based on wireframes and specs
- Engage the TELUS Health Design System to create experiences that are brand-consistent across all platforms
- Develop collateral including story boards, information hierarchies, and rapid Figma prototypes to support customer research such as concept reviews and usability testing
- Keep up with the latest trends, methodologies and tools in native app design
- Participate in design critiques and reviews of your work and its iterations
* Systems Administrator - TELUS Health
The TELUS Health Care Centres rely on our IT systems to help our business reach and succeed. We are seeking an experienced Senior Systems Administrator who is eager to use and grow his or her technological skills. In this role, the successful individual will protect our critical information, systems and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, and assist in the development of our overall IT strategy.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or Computer Science
- Proven work experience in Information Technology
- Experience in a VMware environment a must
- Experience with or knowledge of operating systems, current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
- Experience in project management, application design and integration
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication
- Professional certifications in VMware and Windows or any other certifications in Information Technology
What you’ll do
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems that provide commercial advantage in a global marketplace
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that’s always up and running
- Partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
* Developer - TELUS Health
If you’re passionate about digital healthcare technology, if you’ve proven your ability to complete projects successfully, if you pride yourself on your flexibility and sense of initiative, and if you thrive in a constantly changing environment, then you’re the person we’re looking for.
The selected candidate will be responsible for analysis, quality assurance, and operational support tasks relating to the use of the OACIS computerized clinical file (DCI) and other clinical administration systems.
- Experience in supporting complex systems in production
- Relevant experience with various operating systems (Unix/Linux and Windows)
- Relevant experience with database management software (SQL, Oracle, Sybase, etc.)
- Familiarity with XML and HL7 standards is a major asset
- Networking knowledge (LAN, TCP/IP protocol, etc.)
- Ability to use a service request management system (JIRA, C2, Dynamics etc.)
- Knowledge of validation and development processes
- Experience in the health care domain, including experience with a DCI and/or any other clinical administration system
Required skills and abilities:
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Analytical mind and ability to see the big picture
- Strong sense of organization and planning, ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks with tight deadlines
- Independence, logical thinking and strong ability to adapt to changing situations
- Ability to work with a team and maintain excellent interpersonal relations
- Ability to quickly understand the needs of our users and partners
- Bilingualism (French/English)
- Mastery of spoken and written French and good customer communication skills
- Show initiative, leadership, autonomy, know-how and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to adapt in complex situations
Required professional designations and certifications:
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in computer science, business informatics or other university education relevant to the role
- 3 years of experience in healthcare IT or any other clinical administrative system
The selected candidate will be partially or fully responsible for tasks in the following areas of activity:
- Analyzing, documenting and resolving defects related to the DCI
- Proactively proposing potential solutions for recurring problems and defects
- Tracking defects related to product support with the TELUS support team
- Assisting healthcare facilities in resolving HL7 message rejections
- Providing functional support to local clinical experts
- Providing assistance to regional healthcare facility teams when changes are applied to the infrastructure or other applications, and performing integration tasks (regional interface engine, etc.)
- Managing relationships with healthcare facilities and escalating to the healthcare facilities in case of any issues
- Developing and writing any necessary technical documentation for changes and bug fixes
- Validating and deploying hotfixes or patches after approval by the healthcare facility
- Making minor changes to configuration items
- Writing and maintaining system documentation, including user manuals and technical manuals
- Translating user or system data and requirements into functional technical specifications
- Performing any other tasks required to support the OACIS DCI
* Developer Analyst III (DevSecOps)
You are a transformation actor in our DevSecOps revolution and are tasked to deploy DevSecOps best practices by using best of breed tools. You are a hands-on person, equipped with an Agile mindset. You are well-familiar with DevOps , and see solutions and optimizations where everyone else sees problems. You strive at automating all the things with special attention to security aspects! As a DevSecOps Engineer, you are a generalist in all things DevOps, but you have a specialization in security.
You should have:
- University degree or industry certificate in related fields with 3-5 years of experience or equivalent experience
- Must have 3 years of experience working in Agile development, application security, or DevOps role
- You have an above average security awareness mindset
- Familiarity with software security weakness, vulnerability, and secure code review a plus
- Familiarity with software attack and exploitation techniques a plus
- Familiarity with at least one software programming language and framework a plus
- Knowledge of AWS Security Services
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, or similar)
- Infrastructure as code (Docker, Ansible, Terraform, or similar)
- Ability to undertake and complete tasks autonomously, meet schedules and delivery timelines, and to move swiftly from concepts and theory to action
- Experience working in Agile teams
Here is the technical environment you'll be working with:
- Continuous Integration servers (Jenkins 2 with pipeline as code concept)
- Static code Scanning (SonarQube)
- Application Monitoring (Data dog)
- AWS Security services (i.e. AWS Security Hub, GuardDuty, AWS WA Tool, AWS Network FW)
- Reinforcement\Integration of CI-CD pipelines security
- Develop security solutions using your developer skills and your security knowledge
- Application security testing tools (SAST, DAST, IAST, or similar)
- Oversee gap analysis studies for hardening application/network/infrastructure security and performance improvements
* Junior Project Manager - TELUS Health Care Centre Vancouver
TELUS Health Care Centres is a nationwide network of renowned medical professionals dedicated to preventive healthcare, inspiring positive lifestyle choices to improve client outcomes. As part of the TELUS Health family, we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of innovation - leveraging our digital and health expertise to meet the evolving needs of our clients. Our Vancouver state-of-the-art clinic is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and driven Junior Project Manager.
- Project management methodologies, principles and practices.
- You bring 1-3 years of experience as a Project Manager (or related position)
- Ability to work effectively cross-functional teams.
- Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Associate PM designation, enrollment in the certification or Lean Six Sigma certification desirable.
You will report to the Director, Clinic Operations and work closely with our operations and support teams to understand their needs and priorities.
You are a passionate, detail-oriented and collaborative Project Manager, who is excited to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple small project(s) of low risk, complexity and business impact. You will play a key role planning, executing and delivering small projects; collaborating across business units, and with key stakeholders to execute on initiatives.
Accomplishes the following duties with guidance: Manage all aspects of the project over the entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
- Define project scope and objectives, secure appropriate resources, develop schedules to ensure timely completion of project.
- Manage project financials.
- Ensure control of project: dealing with conflicting priorities, issues, risks, dependencies and change.
- Ensure deliverables adhere to quality standards.
- Communicate project details effectively.